"Exercise a lot?"
"Yup. I try to stay in shape."
That was the extent of the conversation. Why? Because the elevator doors opened and we walked off. It was all we had time for. He had gotten on the elevator just one floor up.
Dude lives on the second floor. Dude likes to exercise. Dude likes to "stay in shape".
Dude won't take the stairs...ever.
I have bumped into him on his way to work. Taking the elevator.
I have bumped into him on his way to run. Taking the elevator.
I have bumped into him going out with friends. Taking the elevator.
Did I mention he lives on the 2nd floor?
Really dude? Really? Something does not add up here.
The stairs are right next to the elevator. They are not inconvenient. I take them to my place on the 4th floor or even to Claire's on the 6th floor regularly.
He lives on the 2nd.
There seems to be some confusion about yesterday's post. That was not a "Hey, look at how great Bogart is. Don't you wish your boyfriend was hot like me." post.
It was a "I have a problem that borders on obsessive" post. It is a burden, not a gift. I will be the old man walking around the hospital, shuffling his feet, picking up everyone else's trash and murmuring something about slobs not pulling their weight. I think they medicate for that.
Top 50, Part 8
As a disclaimer, these songs are my favorite. I don't necessarily consider them the best songs ever, but they are songs that I turn the radio up EVERY TIME they come on. I sing them loud. I know all the words. They make me happy.
The rest of the songs are the top 15. As I chatted with my buddy Neil yesterday I mentioned to him that any of the Top 15 could be #1 on any given day. For the most part, the rest of the songs are not really that much better than the one another, but are ranked as best I can. If the sun shines all weekend, it will probably be the same Monday as it is today...if it rains or snows, there may be some changes. Anyway, without further ado...here are 15-11...
15. Collide - Howie Day...I know, overplayed. Does not mean that I can't love it.
14. Speech of Angels - Acoustic Junction...Another more obscure song, but it is quality! Since it is so obscure, I can't find a video or even a copy of the song online. The link is to a place you can preview music...but if you want to hear it, then you will need to download on iTunes...
13. She Talks to Angels - Black Crows...Two songs in a row about Angels. Guess the seminary thing did rub off a lot in my music too! All joking aside, as good as this song is, some of the acoustic versions that are floating around are even better.
12. The Riddle - Five for Fighting...I love the commercials that use the Five for Fighting songs. Did you know the band's name comes from a hockey penalty? Did you know that the lead singer for Five for Fighting, John Ondrasik, has visited troops in Afghanistan and Iraq multiple times?
11. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban...When I first heard him sing on Ally McBeal (one of the best shows ever!), I taped it and played it over and over. I don't know of any guy singing today that has a better voice.