Last night Claire and I had the pleasure of eating the Peeps that we cut open to get stale a full 2 weeks before Easter. They were wonderful. Fully of chewy goodness. I asked Claire why she thought stale Peeps were so much better than fresh ones...
Claire: "I don't know. I think it has to do with the airiness. Yea, that is probably it. They taste more airy."
Bogart: "Mmmm hummmm." Nodding in agreement. "And who does not like air."
If you have to know, they were yellow flavor just like the picture.
Driving in the car last week, my Goddaughter says to her mom:
Emma: "Mom, Bogart is the best....what is he again?"
Stace: "Bogart? What is he to you?"
Emma: "Yes, what is he to me?"
Stace: "He is your Godfather."
Emma: "Oh yea. Mom, Bogart is the best Godfather ever."
How frigg'n blessed am I?
Top 50, Part 5
As a disclaimer, these songs are my favorite. I don't necessarily consider them the best songs ever, but they are songs that I turn the radio up EVERY TIME they come on. I sing them loud. I know all the words. They make me happy.
30. The Girls in their Summer Dresses - Airborne Toxic Event...got this song from a friend of mine in LA (Now in Boston)...Big fan, so thanks!
29. Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland...We used to watch Wizard of Oz over and over and over...my younger siblings could not get enough. I could not get enough of Judy...I just am sad that she produced such a weird off-spring. But I can forgive her b/c of this song.
28. She's Mine - Brett Dennen...My buddy Neil introduced me to Brett Dennen last year. I have been hooked ever since. Sure, his politics are VERY DIFFERENT than mine, but his voice has a certain quality that makes it hard for me not to enjoy his music.
27. You'll Accomp'ny Me - Bob Seger...I think his Greatest Hits album has gotten more rotation in my car CD player than any other CD. Yup, pretty sure of it.
26. Stolen - Dashboard Confessional...What? I dig sappy love songs. And, well, she has. (As an aside, I saw the video for the first time yesterday and it was filmed about 2 miles from where I lived in SD. I like it even more now!)
Top 50, Part 1
Top 50, Part 2
Top 50, Part 3
Top 50, Part 4