spent the day with our friends Steve and Luanne
on their lovely boat enjoying the water and some frosty drinks.
It was a wonderful day sailing around the river and up to the mouth of the Chesapeake bay. We were very happy to be spending a Saturday like that.
We did have to get back, so we did not make a night of it...I had a softball game...
My wonderful lady came, learned how to keep score, and got eaten alive by bugs...
It was a great day.
Top 50, Part 9
As a disclaimer, these songs are my favorite. I don't necessarily consider them the best songs ever, but they are songs that I turn the radio up EVERY TIME they come on. I sing them loud. I know all the words. They make me happy.
10. You Belong to Me - Jason Wade...Loved the movie Shrek...loved the song even more.
9. Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn...Another baritone for my list...there is a trend! I have walked in Memphis with my feet ten feet off of Beale. Makes the song that much better.
8. Colorful - Rocco DeLuca & The Burden...I really enjoy a number of Rocco's songs. His music is fun.
7. Trouble - Ray LaMontaigne...I spent a lot of time on the Internet trying to figure out who wrote the original of this...then I discovered that it IS an original. This song seems like it has been around for 30 years, but in reality it was first released in September 2004. I think that speaks to the song's classic-ness. (Is that a word?)
6. Decoder Ring - Pufferfish...Got this song from a friend in LA. If you fall, I fall, we fall...the strange voices meld so well together. Just love it.
5. Camera One - Josh Joplin Group...I really wish the rest of his music was as good as this song. It isn't and I am sad. But he hit something with this one song and just about everyone I have introduced to it loves it...so, here you go.
4. See the World - Gomez...Big fan of Gomez. They have 3 different "lead" singers and on any given song, one or all may sing. I love that they have so many different sounds on just one album and they are, for the most part, all good. This just happens to be, in my opinion, the best song they have done.
3. Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane...I hate the cover that came out last year, this version is so much better. 3 of my sisters have said that every time they hear this song they think of me...I might have played it a bunch since it came out...or I might just come across as happy and adventurous like the lyrics of this song. I am hoping it is the latter...
2. What a Good Boy - Barenaked Ladies...The live version of this song on their Greatest Hits album is so much better than the original and is simply amazing. I would like to know what a "Hairshirt" is...especially if it is "woven from your brown hair"...that does not sound very appealing.
Anyone notice that is two Canadian artists in the top 3? Well, I will have to redeem my Cali roots with #1...
And I will give you #1 on Monday...Here is a hint...Early 90's College Band that had a strange love for Don Quixote and came out of California. I guess the song would be embraced by the Green Party because of their alternate energy plan.