Friday, April 4, 2008

Pictures and a Hawk Attacks...No, Seriously

Promised some pics to my mom and Janet...so, here you go...

Here are Teddy, Steve and me at one of the ballgames during Spring Training...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire and I went whale watching...as cold as it was, it was still a good day...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The long ago promised shots from snowmobiling...we had a blast and hope to make it an annual event. It was Claire's first time seeing large amounts of snow. Can you see how happy she is? Well, was until she had to find a place to pee in the middle of the Michigan wilderness. She almost died when she fell into a rushing creek. Really, it was not so much rushing as sort of sauntering by and it was only 2 inches deep, but you can drown in 2 inches.
Who knew flying into Detroit would be so very cool?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
During our trip to San Diego, we had so much fun. We got to eat dinner with my father and step-mother at my favorite restaurant...

We toured the sights, enjoyed the weather, and were so comfortable in my old stomping grounds...


------------------------------------------------------------
Back in February we hit Vegas up for a wedding...Claire and I had so much fun, not just at the wedding, but tooling around Vegas with her family. The bride was beautiful, the food was plentiful, and company was perfect.


Okay, that is it for now. I promise to do a better job including pictures of our travels as we do them.
-------------------------------------------------------------
And if you have stuck with me this long, I had to pass this along...
File this under "Is This a Joke"...Hawk attacks girl on school tour of Fenway

I know, it sucks and this poor girl is probably going to be in therapy...we might even see a "Where Are They Now" segment in a few years...but the headline is enough to make me laugh.

6 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Hawk attacks girl....reminds me of a scene in Nightshift when Bill is trying to convince Chuck to be a pimp and he reads the headline of the girl being attacked by a dog.

Random I know.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

The media is making too much out of the "hawk" incident. Speaking as a Bostonian through and through (just in Maine on break!) we merely thought the bird would enhance the girls Fenway experience. BOston is KNOWN for its extra specialness after all! Where else can a girl coutn on an exciting day out like that? :)

Btw, I agree with you about Shmoops sunglasses - they are awful but he ADORES them. TOTALLY into the Top Gun look. He wore them at home too!

He never primped in front of w mirror before Basic Training. Then he got pretty buff and now can NOT pass a mirror without striking some kind of pose.

And yes, he IS fun to hang with. But that should be no surprise since his mommy is a freakin riot to be around!! ;)

Hallie

Katelin said...

Very fun pictures!

and the hawk story? Crazy! And a little creepy.

for a different kind of girl said...

What adventures you have! My husband and I visited San Diego years ago. I pretty much fell in love with the place before the plane completed the descent. I'd love to go back again one day.

The Charming Hedonist said...

Y'all really are too cute!

Bogart said...

William - Random, but deep.

WWoW - Does not change the fact that it is funny.

Katelin - Thanks.

DKG - Our adventures are fantastic. I am truly blessed.

CH - Thanks. It's all her though.