So good to be back in SoCal. When I left P-Towne, it was 45 degrees and nasty. I landed in SoCal and it is 75/mostly sunny. Now that is what I'm talking about.
Got an email from Claire early this morning. As I am making plans to sit in the sun and work on my tan, she was only able to stay outside for a couple of hours today. She said:
"I am heading back to the hotel. I stuck it out as long as I could. I am done! It is very rainy and cold. I am going to lay in bed and watch movies. Yuck!"
Not what she was hoping for on her off day.
I started my music posts this week with Songs That Mattered in College and Songs That Mattered Growing Up...today I will continue with Songs That I Should Like But Don't:
1. Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood...she has a cool voice and she is very pretty, but I can't change the station fast enough when it comes on.
2. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen...I know, great song, good to sing along to, funny movie...blah, blah, blah...Freddy Mercury could flat out sing, but this song is just too much.
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana...MTV said it was the greatest song of all time. I think it is just "great" because dude is dead. The song is overplayed, overhyped, and overliked. Now, Paul Anka does a great cover of it though! No really, he does.
4. Just about anything Toni Braxton does. I don't know why, but she drives me nuts. Unbreak your own dang heart. Here is some glue, I don't want to hear it.
5. Wonderwall - Oasis...When this song came out it was hailed as one of the greatest songs of all time. Hooey. These two brothers should just punch each other in the face and go away.
6. Imagine - John Lennon...I know, it is beloved. I know, it has "great" lyrics. I know, it is John Freak'n Lennon man. Does not matter. Shut up and get a hair cut you hippie.