Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tale of Two Weekends

Claire and I were very busy this weekend, but for very different reasons...

She flew to Orlando and ran a marathon.

I flew to Nashville and played golf.

She spent the weekend in a zone, focused on a 26.2 mile goal, eating chocolate gu, cliff bars, and pasta carbo loads. I spent the weekend macking on Philly Cheese Steaks, TastyKakes, Cream Pie, the World's Best Biscuits and drinking vodka mojito's.

She fought foot blisters, impending rain, crowds of people, and cramping muscles. I battled the urge to nap and watched my Chargers win a HUGE GAME.

But it was not all bad for her.

She had a triumphant finish, hand-in-hand with her sister, conquering 26.2 miles on foot. I had a crushing loss, to an inferior golfer, after he holed in on 18 from off the green.

Her airline upgraded her on every leg of her flight. My airline lost my golf clubs.

She had Bailey's and coffee and read a great book. I flew through storms and crazy weather.

She got to hang out with her sister, laughing and generally having fun. I had to spend time with Kevin and his yappy dogs.

She got 2 dozen roses as she got off the plane. I had to remember where I had parked.

Pretty good weekend for both of us! :-)

--------------------------------

Much love to KP and Shannon...I really did have a great time and look forward to cruising down again soon...this time with Claire in tow.

6 comments:

WILLIAM said...

You Flew to Nashville for Philly Cheese Steaks and TastyKakes (Which is a Philly based company and it has only been a few years since they started to distribute their delicious product outside of the central atlantic region)....Nashville?

Bogart said...

Well, technically yes, but there is a bit of an explination...

I figured that instead of bringing a bottle of wine or a bunch of flowers, I would come with a little more unique gift.

I ordered a package from Taste of Philadelphia to be delivered the day I arrived...it was good too! A little different, I guess.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

There's a lot to be said for yappy dogs. Stop whining.... :)

Hallie

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Is the land of FRUTIS and Nuts different than the land of FRUITS and Nuts? Where is the land of FRUTIS??

Don't even start about snow - we got 16 inches yesterday!

Hallie

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

that was a very sweet blog as well with a twist of humor - i felt it! ;o) great writing!

Bogart said...

Thanks a-licious...

And WWofW...it should have been Fruits, not Frutis the Shampoo.