Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Miracle Whip and a Double Wide

I just had a startling revelation...and I don't like it. Really makes me uncomfortable.

I know that Steve tells me all the time...as a matter of fact we have argued many times over who is more than the other...but OH MY GOSH...I think I just won. And this is not a contest I want to win...

I am white trash. Not a little. Not 1/2 way. I am really, truly and fully white trash. I am talking Joe Dirt White Trash. Pass the Miracle Whip, NASCAR, and a rusty El Camino.

Was it the mayonnaise sandwiches that gave it away? Nope.

The Triple Wide we would spend many Christmas mornings in? Nope.

My fascination with lawn art, mullets, or "sorry about your penis" trucks? Nope, nope, and nope.

I, Bogart in P Towne, washed out a zip lock bag to reuse at a future date. Yup. Turned the whole thing inside out, scrubbed it with the sink brush, then set it on the towel to dry. Did not think anything of it until I set it down and realized what I had done.

You can take the boy out of the trash, but not the trash out of the boy.

Crap.

---------------------

Could be worse though...I could have said this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any idea who or what influenced you to connect being frugal with "white trash"(okay, VERY frugal!) BUT there's nothing wrong with what you did . . .
I'm fairly certain you may just refer to it as being more economical than is now necessary.
Can't wait to see you--white trash or not--glad you're coming home.
Love.
Mom & Dad