Friday, December 21, 2007

Open Mouth...Insert Foot

Have you ever have one of those days you should just cover your mouth with tape and refuse to speak...I had one of those days recently. Claire was trying on a lovely dress...a new one that she is very proud of and, frankly, looked really nice in. Me, being the golden tongued man that I am said something to the effect of:

"Hey, you know with some light brown leather boots, big hoop earrings, lots of bracelets, and bug-eyed glasses that dress would make a great costume for a 70's party."

Whoops...

----------------------------------------

Note to the guys out there...this, apparently is not a compliment. It is akin to saying that your girlfriend's perfume reminds you of your grandma...NEVER a good idea. (Yes, I did that one in college...guess I am not the catch I think I am!)

----------------------------------------
They both have forgiven me...College Girl and Claire...I think.

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

OUCH....

Hallie

The Charming Hedonist said...

Next time just tell her it makes her ass look fat. You'll probably get the same response.