Friday, October 9, 2009

Somebody's Momma is Lying

Coaching girls high school varsity volleyball has me spending a lot of time with teenage girls.

Occasionally you forget that you are around teenage girls when they are there constantly.

For example...last night I was sitting in the stands watching the JV team play. My players were sitting near me and I struck up a conversation with our setter.

Me: "Which sister is older? The outside hitter or the middle blocker?"
Her: "They are not sisters."
Me: "Of course they are. Look at them. There is no way they are not sisters...I actually am surprised they are not twins."
Her: "They are not related. They are not sisters. They get told all the time that they look alike, but they are not from the same family."
Me: "They are from the same family. They have to be. I bet they have the same dad and nobody knows. I bet the milk man is their real dad."
Her: **Blank Stare**
Me: "Or the mail man. Has anyone seen the mailman in their neighborhood?
Her: "Coach...the one dad is sitting right behind us!"
Me: **Blank Stare**

-----

Need to refrain from those conversations in the future.

-----

I am baking a cake today. Pumpkin Spice cake for Claire's book club. I have not baked a cake since the Angel Food Cake incident earlier this year.

I hope I don't die.

4 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Duuuuuuude..... Awk-ward.

Leigh Ann said...

In my job, I hold conversations with over 100 people per day. I now realize ALL white people look alike, ALL black people look alike...and as far as the Asian population: one big clone.

Don't feel bad.

MaBunny said...

LMAO nice going there! Good luck with the cake.

MarkD60 said...

Hilarious!
I'm sure the 'One Dad' has heard it before!