File this under, It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time:
I tried to be a good husband and bake my wife an angel food cake for her book club Saturday night.
That worked well. Even got them out of the pans without much issue.
Cutting the Angel food sucks, but I finally got it to work.
There were a lot of crumbs on the counter. I LOVE Angel food cake crumbs. They are tiny morsels of goodness.
What was I to do? They could not be thrown away.
But did I, a 33 year old married man with a college degree brush them into a bowl or onto a plate so that I could eat them the right way?
I did what any 33 year old, married MAN, with a college degree would do...I stuck my lips to the counter and started inhaling them into my mouth.
It worked well for a min, but then the inhale got a little excited and shot some into my lungs.
I almost died!
I was choking. Alone.
Claire was going to find me on the kitchen floor, my fat body dead because of angel food cake.
Quick, where is a chair I could thrust myself upon? What am I thinking? I can't do that, it would hurt like heck.
Maybe if I run around, the power of the wind would dislodge it.
Or maybe if I drink, I can force water down my trachea and water down the cake.
Wait...I can breathe again.
Whew, that was a close one.
Now, back to sucking the cake off the counter.