Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Home is so nice.

I have been gone for the last 17 days and it is good to be back in my own bed.

What have I been doing? Well, I am glad you asked!

I was in San Diego (WOOOHOOO) for the better part of 2 weeks. I saw friends, more friends and even more friends. I ate Mexican food like it was about to be banned. I visited my old haunts and spent time with a lot of people that I really love.

I got to spend a couple of different stints with my family in SoCal. Sitting by the pool, going to movies, eating way too much and just generally having fun...sorta like college.

Claire was able to join me for the 2nd week of the trip and she loved it down there and, I am happy to report, everyone who spent time with us loved her!

It was a great trip...I am glad to be home...now, I have mail and stuff to catch up on...including a few of my e-friend's blogs...

Will throw up some pics on Friday.

9 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Every time you mention San Diego, I get a pang of desire for that place. How can spending only one week there so many years ago stick with me the way it has!?

Glad you had such a fantastic time, and got to spend so much time with friends and family. What a great trip.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Welcome home!! We missed you!!

Hallie

kimmy said...

Glad you are back! We missed you!

So, you are a Chargers fan, huh?
How is LaDainian Tomlinson this year? Is he still worth all that money and all those endorsements?

I'm still a Pats fan, but really bummed about Brady. Hopefully Matt Cassel can bring home another Superbowl title this year. It won't be easy though...

Kimmy

Schell Family said...

I think I'm still full from all the Mexican food on Saturday night!

It was awesome to see you and Claire and we're definitely in the "We like her...we really like her" camp!

Unknown said...

Please don't "throw up" ;)
can't wait to see the pictures and I am glad you made it home safely!

WILLIAM said...

So is Claire ready to move to SD?

Mary Alice said...

mmmmmm...mexican food. Luuuuucky! Welcome home.

Practically Joe said...

It's about time you got back. Your mail is on the dining room table, you have three credit card payments due ... sorry about the food missing in your refrigerator ... I'll be by sometime this week to unclog the upstairs toilet ... oh ... and I put the front door key back in the usual spot.

The Maid said...

I need a dose of Coronado island, Seaport Village, and Carlsbad myself. :)

We usually get over there twice a year...not even once this year.

Dang real estate! :(

Glad you had a good trip...hope that the Mexican food holds you over until the next trip...there is no Mexican food like Az/SoCal Mexican food. (I mean, you ever try to eat Mexican in Texas? It is just wierd)

Have a great week!
The maid