Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Einstein Could Not Spell Either

A door opens and an 8 year old Nicholas yells out "Dad, how do you spell fighting?"

"F-I-G-H-T-I-N-G" came the quick reply.

A door slams and off Nicholas runs to write whatever it was that he was creating.

-----

It was never that easy for me.

"How do you spell..." questions were answered with a quick "You know where the dictionary is."

I stopped asking and started guessing.  I am not sure that was the parenting technique that I will emulate because to this day, I can't spell very well...but I am a frigg'n wiz with the dictionary!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I tnk u spel gr8 babe! Nyway, hu spelz ot hol wrds Nymor?

Debra said...

Kansas City?

I just noticed your comment on Hallie's page, so I decided to come by to say hello. It's so sad. So incredibly sad.

I do hope that life is good for you and your lovely bride.

Hugs.