Friday, April 17, 2009

Kickball is Rough

I was ready to post wonderful prose about my great weekend in New Orleans...eating bugs, both the mud type and the crawly type, flying airplanes and other assorted good things...

Instead, I am hopping (literally) off to the hospital trying to figure out why I can't walk.

Apparently this kickball thing is not good for me or Claire.

***UPDATE 12:03pm***

Okay, so I hit up the Doc-in-a-Box and he said I tore a muscle in the arch of my foot...Hydrocodone and Ibuprofen as needed, wrapping up my arch and as much rest as possible.

This sucks...I am out for at least 2 weeks...the kickball team is down their Sensei and the Softball season will start without me. Stupid feet.

9 comments:

Patience said...

OH NO!! Hope you're gonna be okay!! And Claire too!

Well, at least it's been memorable!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Something better be broken or I am TOTALLY calling you an OLD MAN!!

Hallie

WILLIAM said...

IS anything vibrating?

for a different kind of girl said...

Sometimes, when you hear the adage 'no pain, no gain,' you just have to maybe walk away and accept defeat. Well, assuming you could walk, I mean....

:)

Hope you get mended up!

MaBunny said...

Oh that sux Bogart! Feet can be a real pain sometimes! Heres to hoping the both of you are back in the game soon!

Katelin said...

yikes! you two are some intense kickball players, haha.

The Charming Hedonist said...

Kickball is a rough sport...Just remember to tell everyone "yeah, but you should see the other guy!"

JP said...

When you and Claire have munchkins, you can tell them you have an old kickball injury.

Leigh Ann said...

Man, who knew kickball was such a killer...?