Friday, October 26, 2007

I can hear myself getting fatter

After some chicken noodle soup and 7-Up, some soothing Earl, 30-Rock, The Office, and Scrubs, my sick friend was feeling a lot better. Sure, it was 10pm and it was time to sleep, but more important things were calling.

A quick change of clothes, we grabbed 2 forks and headed out the door. Food Lion was beckoning. We had a hankering for some Ice Cream.

10 mins later we are standing in the frozen novelty aisle staring...holy moly batman, how many flavors are there? Root beer float, snickers, checkered, Carmel Pretzel, cookie jar, M&M's, Twix, fried ice cream and a whole host of other frozen tempting treats to satisfy. We settled on two old friends:


Proceeded out the door, into the car and we drove to our next destination...the top of the parking structure.

Across the street from my apartment complex is a 5-story parking garage...the views are pretty nice and at night the roof is empty. So that is where we went...and proceeded to pick out cookie dough pieces and munch on Oreo Cookie ice cream. I felt like I was a 5 year old getting a treat.

------------------------------------------------------

In case you are wondering, Ice Cream really does taste better when eaten with a fork.

------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Josie and Damien on the birth of their new daughter Cassie. Two of my favorite people bringing a little one into the world...

-----------------------------------------------------

Rain on the East Coast is very different from the rain I am used to San Diego. There seems to be a lot more of it...it comes down very hard...it is warm when it rains. How weird.

-----------------------------------------------------

Next week, we should see more of this from Jonathon Papelbon, the Red Sox closer. I expect them to win 2 of the next 3 games and celebrate another World Series win. Now that is what I call a celebration! Paging Michael Flatley.

No comments: